May 4th is on a Saturday next year and so help me, I’ll be planning and implementing a large scale, fun for the whole family “May the Fourth Be With You” Star Wars nerdamondium party that will be so awesome I may just explode.
Other libraries have done it with much success. You can get free cosplay storm troopers etc from your local branch of the 501st legion which is really the thing that’s going to make the party. The idea is to have a wide range of activities that would appeal to all ages, bringing in families as well as single adults. Additional ideas include:
- A station where you can dress your teddy bear like an ewok
- Themed foods
- Baby Yoda costume contest
- Movie Marathon (licensing being the only question.)
- a Death Star Pinata
- Dogs that look like Chewbacca contest
- Light saber maker space (be as low or high tech as you want)
- Highlight the Origami Yoda series for a literature connection, and have an origami station (origami is great for developing fine motor skills!)
Do you think you’d have a Star Wars party at your library?