Just a note–this post will be living organism over the next few weeks, so don’t fret– more information will be added.
Here are a few links to my work:
- My Common Core Pinterest Page. This is where a ton of my research is from.
- My tumblr, which has a lot of common core relevant links. My tumblr has some things I couldn’t pin, plus some other fun and goofy things.
- How people reading the CCSS need help with THEIR reading comprehension. One of those articles I mentioned about how adults can’t read.
Resources from other sites
- Here’s a nifty Common Core 101 guide written by a teacher.
- Exemplars from the Common Core State Standards (pdf)
The exemplars are a good place to start to see what kind of reading the standards encourage. However, they are not a definitive list, nor are some of the exemplars that exemplary. Use this list as a starting point and a guide, and build your collections from there. Do not kill yourself trying to find out of print or obscure texts.
- Appendix A, where you will find the breakdown of figuring out text complexity.
- Video explaining text complexity
- School Librarian Advocacy Toolkit